Index Thread Archive Feb-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Next in threadNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2000Index by Author for Feb-2000Index by Date for Feb-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3
Author: David Patton <nt1n@arrl.org>
Date: 23-Feb-2000 12:25:12
Hi Rob!

I have a C3S on a roof tower. It is about 40 feet above the immediate
ground. I just broke the US record on 15 meters in the ARRL CW DX contest
using this antenna (2141 QSOs and 107 countries). I did use an amp. The
C3S is a terrific antenna for a 12 foot boom. You will likely notice the
added gain of the C3E on 10 meters over the other antennas. Other than that
there will likely be little difference. If you don't have to worry about
the size of the antenna you put up, I would recommend the C3E. If you can't
handle a bigger antenna or need to minimize visual impact the C3S is my
recommendation.

73, Dave, NT1N

* 23-Feb-2000 David Patton
23-Feb-2000 John Langdon