Index Thread Archive Feb-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2000Index by Author for Feb-2000Index by Date for Feb-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: <no subject>
Author: wn9o@usa.net <wn9o@usa.net>
Date: 24-Feb-2000 07:47:04
>Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote:
>At 03:59 PM 2/23/2000 MST, you wrote:
>>

>>My biggest problem is a faulty relay for the 40 meter beam on the C-51X
>>and if you haven't seen this antenna, the feedpoint is about 10' out
>>from the tower!! The solution is to take all the antennas down :( or
>>to get a crane ($$$.$$). Either way I pay (with time or $$).
>>
>>Tom did have a joking suggestion to climb out on the boom 4" thick wall
,
>>but I don't have the guts!! I even offered to pay for him to come and
>>do it :), I probably could have sold tickets!
>
>Very good ... sounds like you will get everything right, once you get th
>feedline lengths correct -- and Jay's quite right about one length >work
ing
>on all three bands, something that wasn't obvious to me till he made me
>think it through.
>
>Realizing that these are much bigger antennas than my EF-240S, I wonder
>if
>maybe you couldn't tilt the boom around the boom-to-mast mount so that >
you
>could reach the feedpoint and replace that relay. Or does the C-51 not
>use
>the Force 12 boom-to-mast mount with the single central polt?
>

>73, Pete N4ZR

The C-51XR uses a cradle mount it is contructed of an aluminum plate
with an aluminum U assembly welded near the top. It is impossible to
tilt the cradle... When I was mounting the C-51XR, it took around 3
hours to get the antenna positioned correctly on the mast (I was the
only one on the tower!). I have never had to mount an antenna that
big before and I hope I don't have to for a long time... :)

73's,

Kevin -> WN9O

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=
1