Index Thread Archive Feb-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Next in threadNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2000Index by Author for Feb-2000Index by Date for Feb-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: How To Make Sure The Antenna Really Works
Author: Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com <Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com>
Date: 24-Feb-2000 11:58:11

I've had a F12 C3-SS on a roof quad-pod about 5 feet off my roof for about 18
months.

In the 10 meter contest and ever since, it seems that the yagi has not performed
well...in fact, in many if not most instances it seems my dipole outperforms the
yagi. While the weather has been somewhat unusual for this area (lots of snow,
a little bit of ice), it hasn't been that bad.

My question is this...what can I do to test the antenna other than checking the
SWR (which seems okay) to determine if the antenna is operating properly?
From the ground, it looks as if all is okay.

Of course, it could be propagation, but one never knows! I want to rule out the
antenna first!

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

26-Feb-2000 David Aslin
24-Feb-2000 K7LXC@aol.com
* 24-Feb-2000 Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com
This Author (Feb-2000)
  Subject   Date
* How To Make Sure The Antenna Really Works 24-Feb-2000