Index Thread Archive Feb-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2000Index by Author for Feb-2000Index by Date for Feb-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: How To Make Sure The Antenna Really Works
Author: K7LXC@aol.com <K7LXC@aol.com>
Date: 24-Feb-2000 14:53:17
In a message dated 02/24/2000 9:57:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com writes:

> My question is this...what can I do to test the antenna other than checking
> the
> SWR (which seems okay) to determine if the antenna is operating properly?
> From the ground, it looks as if all is okay.

I installed a C3SS for a customer and it's close to his house/roof
also. The SWR varies dramatically as you rotate the antenna so I suspect that
the performance is compromised as a result. I don't know what it's
interacting with but it could be gutters, house wiring, etc. I'm thinking
about recommending that the owner switch to a trapped tribander just because
it isn't as susceptible to nearby stuff like the C3SS is. Tom said to move it
up higher - even a couple of feet might make the difference. I haven't done
that yet. While the owner doesn't seem overly concerned about the situation,
I'm not real happy with the result.

Cheers, Steve K7LXC

26-Feb-2000 David Aslin
* 24-Feb-2000 K7LXC@aol.com
24-Feb-2000 Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com
This Author (Feb-2000)
  Subject   Date
* How To Make Sure The Antenna Really Works 24-Feb-2000