Index Thread Archive Feb-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2000Index by Author for Feb-2000Index by Date for Feb-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Hardware
Author: WA9ALS - John <jfleming@shelbynet.net>
Date: 24-Feb-2000 20:31:53
ALMOST ONLY! - I think they're all SS except the U-bolts that hold the
elements. My SS "package" consisted of a bunch of U-bolts/nuts/washers
etc.

SS SOUNDS attractive from some purist idea about not corroding, but what
if you need to change out an element or something someday and the bolts
are seized? I'm not worried about it because mine is on a hazer, and I
can just bring it down to eye level, but I WOULD worry if it was on any
other kind of tower that I had to climb.

Don't rethink it - You're on the best track now! :-) 73

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als (now with Shack Cam!)