Index Thread Archive Feb-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2000Index by Author for Feb-2000Index by Date for Feb-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Stainless Steel Hardware.
Author: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: 25-Feb-2000 14:15:08
At 10:42 AM 2/25/00 -0500, Natan Huffman wrote:
>For the information of all, I would like to point out that all our designs
>include standard stainless nuts, washers and lock washers. U Bolts, are
>indeed galvanized and saddles are aluminum or galvanized. We recommend this
>approach for all applications unless there is exposure to salt air.

For what it's worth, I just took delivery today of a very early C-3, over 4
years in the air in the Atlanta area. Aside from some superficial rust on
a couple of u-bolt shanks and one nut, plus the usual aluminum oxide,
everything looks in great shape and ready to go up again.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Don't forget to update your entry on the World Contest Station Database, at
http://206.102.70.3/search.htm

* 25-Feb-2000 Pete Smith
25-Feb-2000 Natan Huffman
This Author (Feb-2000)