Index Thread Archive Feb-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Next in threadNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2000Index by Author for Feb-2000Index by Date for Feb-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Stainless Hardware
Author: Tyler Stewart <k3mm@ex-pressnet.com>
Date: 25-Feb-2000 21:46:21
SS has it's place, but stainless U bolts are generally a bad idea. SS galls
very easily, and if you overtighten it, it's sure to lock up worse than a
rusted steel one! Hot dipped galvanized is the way to go for the larger
structural pieces of hardware.

If you use stainless, be sure it's a size you can break off when it does
lock up! Use anti-sieze compound on the threads before assembly to help
keep them from galling.

73, Ty K3MM