Index Thread Archive Feb-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2000Index by Author for Feb-2000Index by Date for Feb-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: How To Make Sure The Antenna Really Works
Author: David Aslin <david@aslin.demon.co.uk>
Date: 26-Feb-2000 03:13:07
Eric, FWIW I have a C3SS at 42 feet and it kicks ass on 10m. I'm amazed at
how well this little antenna performs and my 10m scores have gone up
correspondingly (see my 3830 posted ARRL DX CW score last weekend as G5M).
In the environmentally challenged UK I have to keep my crank-up mast wound
down (roughly 22 feet) outside the contests and DXing sessions and it works
surprisingly well at this height too, though clearly well down on its full
height.

My only checks were SWR curves - which helped me detect when a U bolt
worked loose after a couple of weeks (I'd left a spring washer off). The
17/12m curves are especially sensitive to proper assembly, so are a useful
diagnostic.

The C3SS obviously has its limitations versus the bigger Force12 offerings,
but you should get a lot of fun/$ and fun/sq. ft. of windload!

Just a satisfied F12 user..

73

Dave
G3WGN

One of the M6T gang
G5M in ARRL DX and CQWPX

* 26-Feb-2000 David Aslin
24-Feb-2000 K7LXC@aol.com
24-Feb-2000 Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com
This Author (Feb-2000)
  Subject   Date
C3.C3E,C3S 26-Feb-2000
C3SS 27-Feb-2000
* How To Make Sure The Antenna Really Works 26-Feb-2000
Vertical info 27-Feb-2000