Index Thread Archive Feb-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2000Index by Author for Feb-2000Index by Date for Feb-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3SS
Author: David Aslin <david@aslin.demon.co.uk>
Date: 27-Feb-2000 05:48:25
Gary, I've had a C3SS upt at 42 feet since last August. I'm extremely
pleased with it. Rig is FT1000MP and ACOM2000A.

On 12 and 17 I get similar SWR to yours. This means the ACOM has to
develop about 700 Watts of forward power to get the UK max legal output of
400 Watts. (If I run it without a tuner).

With a tuner, the ACOM is happier and since I feed the C3SS with 1/2"
hardline, I have no worries about coax hotspots from the 3:1 on the line.
I've had no RF feedback problems with either set-up.

Performance on 12/17 is OK and about what I'd expect from the spec. But
the performance on 20/15/10 is so good, it makes me want that level of
performance on the WARC bands too!

73
Dave
G3WGN

One of the M6T gang
G5M in ARRL DX and CQWPX

14-Jun-2000 Roger Doran
09-Mar-2000 David Aslin
09-Mar-2000 F8BXI
08-Mar-2000 Gary Bernard
* 27-Feb-2000 David Aslin
26-Feb-2000 STRutledge@aol.com
26-Feb-2000 Gary Bernard
This Author (Feb-2000)
  Subject   Date
C3.C3E,C3S 26-Feb-2000
* C3SS 27-Feb-2000
How To Make Sure The Antenna Really Works 26-Feb-2000
Vertical info 27-Feb-2000