Index Thread Archive Mar-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Mar-2000Index by Author for Mar-2000Index by Date for Mar-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: re C4S
Author: K2KW <K2KW@prodigy.net>
Date: 08-Mar-2000 09:03:35
>European dealer suggested we do not put the antenna
> above metallic or concrete roof. Well, we questioned this logic, since
flat
> hotel roof was ideal for this antenna...

Metallic roofs ARE a problem, especially for horizontal antennas. If the
antenna is only a few meters above it, there will be strong interaction
between the Yagi (any manufacturers Yagi) and the metal roof. Even while
you might be able to get the SWR to a satisfactory point, and the antenna
seems to hear OK, the TX signal may still be inferior.

If possible, I would avoid installing antennas on a metal roof - they are
just too much trouble. If you must, then raise the Yagi as high as possible
above the roof to minimize interaction.

Kenny K2KW

09-Mar-2000 Pete Smith
09-Mar-2000 V.Kecman
09-Mar-2000 Natan Huffman
* 08-Mar-2000 K2KW
08-Mar-2000 kk
08-Mar-2000 Alex Tex Ihasz
This Author (Mar-2000)
  Subject   Date
* re C4S 08-Mar-2000
Tale of 3 Light Bulbs (aka Illuminator) 06-Mar-2000