Index Thread Archive Mar-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Mar-2000Index by Author for Mar-2000Index by Date for Mar-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: re C4S
Author: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: 09-Mar-2000 12:41:52
At 07:18 PM 3/9/2000 +0100, V.Kecman wrote:
>Natan,
>
>thanks for reply. This antenna was 9 meters above flat concrete roof of a 7
>storey hotel. On a steel mast. Higher than that was not considered required
>to work properly. However, there is one thing that we never managed, and
>that was discovered from N4ZR reply: - tweaking 40m coil! We just put it up,
>and did not tweak it to find better resonance. The other thing is proximity
>of steel guywires that were going all the way up to the antenna. Third thing
>is that the owner of the antenna did not apply any conductive antioxidant
>grease.
>I guess, there will be better luck in assembling it next time, 40feet above
>the cliff on the beach, with tweaking exercie and nonconductive ropes as
>guys...

Just a clarification -- I suggested "tweaking" the hairpin inductor to get
the best match, while adjusting the shorting bars on the linear loading for
the resonant frequency.

73, Pete N4ZR

Don't forget to update your entry in the World Contest Station Database
http://206.102.70.3/search.htm

* 09-Mar-2000 Pete Smith
09-Mar-2000 V.Kecman
09-Mar-2000 Natan Huffman