Index Thread Archive Mar-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Mar-2000Index by Author for Mar-2000Index by Date for Mar-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31 Ice Loading Performance
Author: JBaumgarte@aol.com <JBaumgarte@aol.com>
Date: 10-Mar-2000 09:29:22
JRivamonte@aol.com writes:

<< Any C31XR ice/wind loading experience would be appreciated. Thanks. Joe
W4UP >>

I have a C31XR at tower top, a C3 down about 25', and a C4 about 25' below
that. Last spring we had a severe (by my standards--1-2" radial ice) ice
storm here in Duluth, MN. All seven of those 20 meter elements were so
loaded up that the tips were pointing at the ground on all 3 antennas. I
left for a couple of hours, the sun came out and all elements survived 100%
(the middle C3 slipped in the boom/mast bracket and had to be re-alligned).
There was about 6" of crushed ice at the bottom of the tower.

John, N0IJ

* 10-Mar-2000 JBaumgarte@aol.com
09-Mar-2000 JRivamonte@aol.com
This Author (Mar-2000)
  Subject   Date
* C31 Ice Loading Performance 10-Mar-2000
C31XR 15 SWR 03-Mar-2000
F12 nuts 06-Mar-2000