Index Thread Archive Apr-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Apr-2000Index by Author for Apr-2000Index by Date for Apr-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: F12 C4SXL Assembly and Tuning Love Story
Author: Tony <ad6id@arrl.net>
Date: 14-Apr-2000 22:08:10
Hi all,
Now that there is a Force12Talk reflector...

Has anyone else had trouble tuning the 40 meter section? Was your experience similar? Any speculation as to the cause?

Thanks & good DX,

73, Tony
Tony Armendariz, AD6ID
ad6id@arrl.net
FISTS 3535 WPSS ARRL

>Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:57:54 -0700
>To: Stuart Browne <satcom@lava.net>
>From: Tony <ad6id@arrl.net>
>Subject: Re:F12 C4XL Assembly and Tuning Love Story
>
>Hi Stu,
> I just put together a C4SXL with a nearly identical experience to yours. I'm still waiting for an answer from N6BT on why the 40M adjustment was so far off. Instead of 14" I wound up at 24" on the driver's linear loading to get a 1.3 SWR at 7.080 (measured at 30 ft thru 70 feet of coax). Before making this adjustment, we verified the dimensions of all 40M elements (tilt-over tower); they were right on.
> Where did your adjustment wind up? Got any theories?
>
> I also found the factory tuning on 10 M to be at 29.0 MHz. An odd place to need a beam, don'tcha think. Anyway, 2 holes and 4 rivits later I'm centered at 28.4 MHz.
>
> I broke one of the Aluma-Weld wires, too.
>
> I was able to use mine in CQWWphone and run some DX in between. In the contest I got 20 countries in < 1 hour. Hunting DX with the webcluster, I can have QSOs with weak DX that I cannot even hear on a ladder fed dipole.
>
> I love it.
>
>cheers & 73, Tony
>
>Tony Armendariz, AD6ID
>ad6id@arrl.net
>FISTS 3535 WPSS ARRL

15-Apr-2000 Robert Doherty
* 14-Apr-2000 Tony
This Author (Apr-2000)
  Subject   Date
F12 C4SXL .. Tuning .. 15-Apr-2000
* F12 C4SXL Assembly and Tuning Love Story 14-Apr-2000