Index Thread Archive Apr-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Apr-2000Index by Author for Apr-2000Index by Date for Apr-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: c4sxl
Author: bob hervatine <kf6jsp@hotmail.com>
Date: 16-Apr-2000 10:52:19
Stew,
I am (was) not an experienced antenna person. I put up a C4SXL last
month for the CQ WPX test. It is my first beam antenna.
Advice: READ the directions before you assemble. Plan on having to tune
the 40m elements, as described in the instructions. No big deal, but you
will have to make a few adjustments before you get optimum performance.
The only surprise I had was breaking one of the linear loading
alumiweld wires during mounting- if I'd been on this reflector, I would have
seen it coming, and would have avoided the problem by being a little more
careful.
The instructions are easy to follow.
You won't be disappointed with the performance. If this is your first
beam antenna (it is for me), you'll kick yourself for not getting one
sooner.
73,
Bob Hervatine W6FRH
>From: "Stew A." <stew@i2k.com>
>To: <Force12Talk@qth.com>
>Subject: [Force 12 Talk] c4sxl
>Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:05:33 -0700
>
>Just ordered a c4sxl antenna and I have been reading the problems that
>others have encountered. I am not a experienced antenna person and would
>appreciate any advice I can get before it is delivered. Also interested on
>how well the antenna performs. thanks
>Stew

* 16-Apr-2000 bob hervatine
15-Apr-2000 Stew A.