Index Thread Archive Apr-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Apr-2000Index by Author for Apr-2000Index by Date for Apr-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force12Talk Digest - 40M
Author: K7LXC@aol.com <K7LXC@aol.com>
Date: 19-Apr-2000 17:04:48
In a message dated 04/15/2000 10:08:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time, list@qth.com
writes:

> > > I just put together a C4SXL with a nearly identical experience to
yours.
> I'm still waiting for an answer from N6BT on why the 40M adjustment was so
> far off. Instead of 14" I wound up at 24" on the driver's linear loading to
> get a 1.3 SWR at 7.080 (measured at 30 ft thru 70 feet of coax). Before
> making this adjustment, we verified the dimensions of all 40M elements
(tilt-
> over tower); they were right on.

I've probably built a dozen F12 40M antennas and the dimension from
the factory is a STARTING POINT. In my experience, all of them needed fine
tuning of some sort or other - driven and parasitic elements - so this is SOP.

Cheers, Steve K7LXC
Tower Tech

* 19-Apr-2000 K7LXC@aol.com
This Author (Apr-2000)
  Subject   Date
Force12Talk - C3SS 20-Apr-2000
* Force12Talk Digest - 40M 19-Apr-2000
Force12Talk Digest for 3 Apr 2000 in hour 0:00 03-Apr-2000
Place for answers 04-Apr-2000