Index Thread Archive Apr-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Apr-2000Index by Author for Apr-2000Index by Date for Apr-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31XR and 50+ MPH - OK!
Author: barry kirkwood <bjk@ihug.co.nz>
Date: 20-Apr-2000 21:04:39
At 06:38 PM 04/20/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Just a little note to say my antenna just survived 55 MPH winds and
>marble-sized hail. I know that's well within the design specs, but
>always nice when things perform as advertised! It's at 70 ft on a Glen
>Martin tower with hazer, which also survived. To watch the storm, which
>downed some pretty large trees in town, it's fairly amazing to me that
>the antenna/tower look completely normal! (SWR same too.)
>
>I continue to be a very satisfied customer! 73

My 3C-S on 40ft mast 300ft asl went thru our cyclone Drena measured steady
140kph in city (much higher here!) without a qualm. The elements gently swam
thru the gusts. Great engineering.
73

>------------------------------------
>REMINDER: The amateur is GENTLEMANLY, LOYAL, PROGRESSIVE, FRIENDLY,
>BALANCED, and PATRIOTIC - Paul M. Segal (W9EEA), The Radio Amateur's
>Handbook. True in 1928, not a bad idea for 2000.
>
>WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
>http://www.qsl.net/wa9als (now with Shack Cam!)

end
Barry (Baz) Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD ex ZL1BN, ZL4OK etc
Signal Hill
----------------------------------------------- 66 Cory Road
STOP AT SIGNAL HILL HOMESTAY B&B
Palm Beach ON BEAUTIFUL WAIHEKE ISLAND
Waiheke Island 1240 ONLY 35 MINUTES FERRY RIDE FROM
DOWNTOWN AUCKLAND
NEW ZEALAND

* 20-Apr-2000 barry kirkwood
20-Apr-2000 WA9ALS - John