Index Thread Archive May-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2000Index by Author for May-2000Index by Date for May-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: More fun by the seaside
Author: barry kirkwood <bjk@ihug.co.nz>
Date: 09-May-2000 19:35:10
Have made my way to the 6Y2A website and duly impressed but not surprised.
Seems to me there may be confusion between true seaside (on the beach, or
M/M) and elevated cliff top locations close to the sea.

I must admit interest here, as my QTH 300ft above the beach with land
sloping away in all directions, but very steeply on my best path to most
places. In my limited experience to date the present QTH worth at least 10dB
over my former town QTH at similar altitude but further inshore, in both
cases two element yagis on 40ft masts were used on 10-20m.

Would be interested in K2KWs views on suitable antennas for my site for 80
and 160m. Have had satisfying results from a simple 1/4 wave vertical with
elevated radials on 80 but curious to try a dipole at around 60ft ( 360ft
asl). Am I wasting my time?
73
Barry ZL1DD

end
Barry (Baz) Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD ex ZL1BN, ZL4OK etc
Signal Hill
66 Cory Road STOP AT SIGNAL HILL HOMESTAY B&B
Palm Beach ON BEAUTIFUL WAIHEKE ISLAND
Waiheke Island 1240 ONLY 35 MINUTES BY FERRY
NEW ZEALAND FROM DOWNTOWN AUCKLAND
Ph/Fax 64-9-372-5161
www.waiheke.co.nz/signal.htm

10-May-2000 K2KW
* 09-May-2000 barry kirkwood
This Author (May-2000)
  Subject   Date
Anecdotal Info & Salt Water Enhancement 09-May-2000
* More fun by the seaside 09-May-2000
Salt water enhancement 06-May-2000