Index Thread Archive May-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2000Index by Author for May-2000Index by Date for May-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31sidemount
Author: wn9o@usa.net <wn9o@usa.net>
Date: 10-May-2000 15:01:12
The C-31XR has about 30" of clearance between elements to mount the beam. The
TIC 1022 (smaller model) can accommodate the beam because of the 24" cradle
mount, but the larger TIC 1032 model has a 36" cradle.

I am currently using the larger TIC 1032 model and mounting the C-31XR antenna
to the two truss supports. I had to re-drill the truss mounting holes closer
together, but other than that the antenna fits fine on my tower. The face
size is 24" at the mounting position (self supporting tower).

73's,

Kevin --> WN9O
email: wn9o@usa.net

PS - Tom, N6BT, is currently working on a side mount for a C-4XL where the
tower face is 24". His solution appears to be to lengthen the boom and
reposition some of the elements. We will hopefully know soon.

JBaumgarte@aol.com wrote:
I enjoyed looking at the excelent WX0B sidemount sight. I have a C4 on a
side mount very similar to the one shown, and it just barely fits around my
Rohn 55 ( I actually have to sqeeze the loading wires on the 40 element a bit

with some rope). But, rest assured, there is no way a C31XR will fit even a
Rohn 25 on a side-mount without moving some of the elements. I would be
interested to hear if it's even possible with a TIC Ring rotor.

John
N0IJ

* 10-May-2000 wn9o@usa.net
10-May-2000 JBaumgarte@aol.com