Index Thread Archive May-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2000Index by Author for May-2000Index by Date for May-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Crass
Author: WA9ALS - John <jfleming@shelbynet.net>
Date: 13-May-2000 18:11:54
Yeah. Last year I put up my first tower and yagi. I had a challenging
installation with the tower 550 ft from the shack, no experience in
grounding, and noone local to help. The tower talk reflector was
indispensable to my success. Although I didn't implement EVERY
suggestion, all were helpful in some way. Steve's suggestions were
always on target and helpful. Sure he points out where Champion Radio
products can be helpful, but they ARE helpful, and I doubt he's getting
rich selling most of the things he suggests to others on the reflector.

He's polite. He doesn't make you feel like an idiot for asking an
inexperienced question. I think we'd like to see him stick around...
Geez.

REMINDER: The amateur is GENTLEMANLY, LOYAL, PROGRESSIVE, FRIENDLY,
BALANCED, and PATRIOTIC - Paul M. Segal (W9EEA), The Radio Amateur's
Handbook. True in 1928, not a bad idea for 2000.

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als (now with Shack Cam!)