Index Thread Archive May-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2000Index by Author for May-2000Index by Date for May-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3SS Questions
Author: JBaumgarte@aol.com <JBaumgarte@aol.com>
Date: 22-May-2000 12:01:52
In a message dated 5/21/00 9:21:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
k2av@contesting.com writes:

<<
But remember: SWR does NOT equal performance. SWR does NOT equal
pattern. If it's a little off on swr on your tripod, but the pattern is
good, either ignore it if your transmitter loads it, or use a tuner. If
SWR is WAY off, you have a problem

Good advice, but I could add one more option:

If it's a little off, take it back down, drill out the rivets on the
"off" driver and adjust. Some times we fail to mention that one of the real
plusses for Force 12 antennas and especially the C3 family is that they are
small, light, and really easy to take up and down. I recall one time, I took
a C4 off and on my 50' hight side-arm 3 times in about 1-1/2 hours--each time
making adjustments. I, too, was getting weird results on my annalyser trying
to test it in mid air.

John, N0IJ

* 22-May-2000 JBaumgarte@aol.com
21-May-2000 Roger Doran
21-May-2000 Roger Doran
21-May-2000 Guy K2AV Olinger
21-May-2000 Roger Doran
This Author (May-2000)
  Subject   Date
C-31XR 15-Meter SWR Measurements 15-May-2000
C31sidemount 10-May-2000
* C3SS Questions 22-May-2000
I want to mount a C3S on a swinging gate rotator 29-May-2000