Index Thread Archive May-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2000Index by Author for May-2000Index by Date for May-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3SS Question
Author: Roger Doran <doran@bigfoot.com>
Date: 24-May-2000 21:24:52
MY MAIN CONCERN is here:
Just found that if I set the feedpoints on Elements 1 and 5 at 45
degrees as mentioned on page 11-item 7b of the instructions, and shown
on the Feedpoint Detail page; that the loading wires then also shift to
45 degrees off horizontal- is that right? I thought the loading devices
should be
horizontal. All the pictures show them that way.
Again, thanks for the quick response. Oh yes- the studs that are
Slightly off horizontal have the markings lined up such as >< on the
fiberglass.
Reason I'm being so fussy here is that when the beam goes up on a
rooftop Glen Martin tripod it's not an easy up, nor down due to roof
configuration. I know it is lightweight and if the situation were a
tower it would be different, or even a semi flat roof. I don't have to
worry about interference from the roof as it is an old house and there
is no electrical wiring in attic crawl space - it all stops at the
second floor. TIA for easing a worry wort.

--
Roger Doran, W1MZA, On
The RockBound Coast of Maine

* 24-May-2000 Roger Doran
This Author (May-2000)
  Subject   Date
* C3SS Question 24-May-2000
C3SS Questions 21-May-2000
C3SS Questions 21-May-2000
C3SS Questions 21-May-2000
C3SS Questions: Addendum Help 21-May-2000