Index Thread Archive May-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2000Index by Author for May-2000Index by Date for May-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: I want to mount a C3S on a swinging gate rotator
Author: JBaumgarte@aol.com <JBaumgarte@aol.com>
Date: 29-May-2000 20:35:17
Hi Randy,

I have a C4 on a sidemount (an old DX engineering HD job), and it does clear
on my Rohn 55 (18+" on face)--but just barely. The problem is with the 40
meter element which I actually have squished the loading wires a bit to make
it clear.

Bottom line, the C3 without the 40 meter element will clear easily! That is
not to say you don't have to a little calculating and aligning, but there is
plenty of room. I can get a full 300 degrees of rotation.

I just realized you have a C3S, but that should not make a difference. I
believe the only difference is the lack of the 2nd 10 mtr driver to broaden
the 10 mtr coverage.

73
John, N0IJ
Duluth, MN

* 29-May-2000 JBaumgarte@aol.com
26-May-2000 Randy Young
This Author (May-2000)
  Subject   Date
C-31XR 15-Meter SWR Measurements 15-May-2000
C31sidemount 10-May-2000
C3SS Questions 22-May-2000
* I want to mount a C3S on a swinging gate rotator 29-May-2000