Index Thread Archive May-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2000Index by Author for May-2000Index by Date for May-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: c3s and a w2au balun
Author: Greg Gobleman <k9zm@frontiernet.net>
Date: 29-May-2000 21:25:40
I would look at the Force 12 balun. Designed for their antennas and I have
never heard a bad thing about them. My experience with the W2AU suggests
that you will have problems with it heating up when you try to use the C3 on
bands where you will need a tuner. Anytime the match is not near perfect,
the W2AU balun will heat up and the SWR will change. You can watch this
happen and it happens quickly with maximum power limits. At 100w you might
not notice for a while.

73
Greg K9ZM

30-May-2000 Pete Smith