Index Thread Archive Jun-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2000Index by Author for Jun-2000Index by Date for Jun-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31 15M feed.
Author: wn9o@usa.net <wn9o@usa.net>
Date: 08-Jun-2000 10:16:46
Jack,

Saw your post on the Force 12 reflector and wanted to give you my experience
on the seperate feeds of the C-31XR and C-51XR (I have both). Anyway the 15
meter hairpin ended up being a big loop. I started with a 12 gauge 3 loop
wire and ended up with 1 big loop to get the match. I assume you have also
moved the 15 meter driver back to the alternate mounting point.. If you have
any specific problems let me know and I will try and answer them.. Good luck!

You can also check out some pics of the feeds on my website
"www.qsl.net/wn9o". Keep in mind I am still putting this together..

73's,

Kevin WN9O
wn9o@usa.net

>K4VV@aol.com wrote:
>Chris,
>I also had difficulty with the separate feed configuration on 15m. >Hairpin

>adjustment on the tower did not resolve. Tom sent me a 3 turn hairpin to
>install. I have not done that yet, waiting for the next compelling >reason
for
>tower work. I use a tuner on 15 m to compensate. The antenna performs
>great on all 3 bands. My Alpha does complain only on 15 m.
>I will be interested in others experience.
>Jack

08-Jun-2000 WA9ALS - John
08-Jun-2000 Herb Rosenberg
08-Jun-2000 JBaumgarte@aol.com