Index Thread Archive Jun-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2000Index by Author for Jun-2000Index by Date for Jun-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31 15M feed.
Author: WA9ALS - John <jfleming@shelbynet.net>
Date: 08-Jun-2000 10:31:20
Natan at Force 12 has (more than once, I think) discussed on the reflector
this issue about taping the feeder wires next to each other for the best 15M
SWR. I'm sure future manuals will reflect this. Force 12 is not hiding
anything., and Natan has been very helpful.

I don't blame them at all for the picture in the manual showing the wires
farther apart because in my installation, the spacing of the wires didn't
make much difference at all! I ended up with them close together, maybe 3-5
mm apart, but I tested at spacings up to an inch or more without much
difference at all (still good).

The only things my simple brain can think of at the moment are differences
in element lengths and feedlines. I think it's also possible to
over-tighten the u-bolts and short the elements. Otherwise I don't
undertand why some have had this "15M problem" and others (I would guess
most) have not.

I have no connection with F12 - just a VERY satisfied customer who assembled
the antenna per manual and it works like they say (great) with flat SWR
<1.2:1 on 15M. Hope you that are having troubles get them easily resolved
so that you can join those of us very happy with the antenna! HI 73
WA9ALS - John
jfleming@shelbynet.net
http://www.qsl.net/wa9als