Index Thread Archive Jun-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2000Index by Author for Jun-2000Index by Date for Jun-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31 15M feed.
Author: WA9ALS - John <jfleming@shelbynet.net>
Date: 08-Jun-2000 16:10:05
> Pretty hard to see how this could be possible knowing the problems
most of us
> have on 15--UNTIL you read on and see John has a "Hazer" and
therefore, very
> likely, nothing else on the tower. I think this is the key--the 15
meter
> portion of the antenna doesn't like "neighbors". I'm assuming John
installed

Now there's an excellent point! True, the C31XR is up there all alone,
and it likes it mighty fine! HI However, it's not alone because of the
hazer. The hazer could take more. Besides, I have the Martin tower
with the outside tracks, so theoretically I could install 2 more hazers
on the other 2 tower faces! HI That's not in the cards, but another
yagi someday might be, and hence with great interest I read these
reports...

> the feed wires from 10-20 drivers as per the book (1"? prox apart).
> Personally, I have improved mine significantly by sqeezing
(temporarily) the
> wires together. I'm going to replace them this summer. I have a 40
meter

I put mine close (2-4 mm I guess) because that (or right next to each
other) was recommended, but I checked the SWR with them an inch or more
apart when I was experimenting, and the SWR on 15 was STILL excellent.
I think the "neighbor" idea might be the best yet for explaining why
some have this problem and some don't.

So all you guys with 15M SWR problems - Do you all have other antennas
nearby??

Conversely, do the guys without 15M problems have ONLY the C31XR in the
air?

If you want to email me directly, I'll tally and report...

(We're gonna need our F12's tomorrow when the K hits 9 or so from the
flares yesterday!)

* 08-Jun-2000 WA9ALS - John
08-Jun-2000 Herb Rosenberg
08-Jun-2000 JBaumgarte@aol.com