Index Thread Archive Jun-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2000Index by Author for Jun-2000Index by Date for Jun-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: <no subject>
Author: Roger Doran <doran@bigfoot.com>
Date: 13-Jun-2000 18:03:48

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: C3SS
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 01:14:30 -0400
From: Roger Doran <doran@bigfoot.com>
To: force12@qth.com

To all you folks who worked on the C3SS beam: BRAVO!!!!
Mine is in Maine on a GM 4' tripod with a 9' mast on my roof at all of
maybe 30+ feet and I say it's better than a linear. I work my Icom 756
barefoot, comfortably all over the world - no really rare dx yet, but
consistently into Russia, Rumania, South America, My computer's audio on
the second floor :-); did that before also, but now XYL shuts off the
speakers! I've been in pileups and the "Whiskey One," is consistently
called - You've put the fun back in ham radio for this burned-out,
mentally disabled guy. And Natan, The loading is twisted at about 45º
when I turn the drivers and 20 meter reflector to their proper position
and I guess it works - sometimes it works so well, I'm afraid to rotate
it :-)

Beacuse I have one, I checked it with a noise bridge and it is flat for
many, many turns of the dial. I may experiment with lengths of coax-
currently running 100' of 9913FX - I may even through in some 75 ohm
stuff for a stretch and see what happens as that is where the bridge
really settles down.
I am a happy camper. I've had beams before, but not like this - I can't
imagine a C3 at 90' Next thing I'll do, when I get rich is stack
another C3SS if I could do it with about 6' spacing or so.

Again, thank you all..........

'73

Roger
--