Index Thread Archive Jun-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2000Index by Author for Jun-2000Index by Date for Jun-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: !0 meter VSWR
Author: Barry Kirkwood <bjk@ihug.co.nz>
Date: 18-Jun-2000 16:10:54
If you have standing waves on the line, trimming the line to multiples of
1/4 wave will give resistive (zero reactance) feed points. From your report
it appears that you have standing waves and were trying to match to a line
which was close to a multiple of 1/2 wave. Adding 5ft (approx 1/4 wave
taking velocity factor into account) gave you low swr.
cheers es 73
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD
Signal Hill Homestay B&B
66 Cory Road