Index Thread Archive Jun-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2000Index by Author for Jun-2000Index by Date for Jun-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C-3SS
Author: Roger Doran <doran@bigfoot.com>
Date: 23-Jun-2000 08:02:20
Hi all;
I have found that my C-3SS is at 25 ohms +20Xl Long on 17 meters.

160 Ohms +70Xl Long on 12 meters.

Icom 756 will not reduce VSWR to anywhere near 3:1- almost pins the VSWR
meter.
Coax is 9913, length= 82 feet and antenna is at 37ft.

Adding 30 feet of coax = 20 ohms + 10Xl Long on 17 meters and same for
12 meters. Does this sound about right for the situation?
Thanks for any input - can and probably will have to put outboard tuner
to work these bands. It is "right on" for 10, 15, and 20 meters and as
I've said, does a fine job. Great piece of engineering

'73, Roger, W1MZA

24-Jun-2000 Roger Doran
23-Jun-2000 Guy K2AV Olinger
* 23-Jun-2000 Roger Doran