Index Thread Archive Jul-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2000Index by Author for Jul-2000Index by Date for Jul-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C4SXL with Remote Coax Switch
Author: Tom Chambers <tchambe1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: 07-Jul-2000 18:33:26
I have just ordered a C4SXL and will be placing it atop a 48 foot Heights Aluminum Tower. I am also thinking of placing a WARC 2/2 beam 6 or 8 feet above it
(90 degrees out of phase). In an effort to reduce my coax requirements, I want to use an Ameritron RC-8V remote coax switch mounted near the top of the tower. Has anyone had any experience with these switches? Do they degrade your signal much? How "weather-worthy" are they?

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated. This is my first tower, so all this is VERY new to me!

Thanks in advance,

Tom Chambers
St. Petersburg, FL.
KT4WW

08-Jul-2000 Ken Hirschberg
07-Jul-2000 Richard Thorne
* 07-Jul-2000 Tom Chambers
This Author (Jul-2000)
  Subject   Date
* C4SXL with Remote Coax Switch 07-Jul-2000