Index Thread Archive Jul-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2000Index by Author for Jul-2000Index by Date for Jul-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3 over Cushcraft A4
Author: Jason Hissong <jhisson1@columbus.rr.com>
Date: 08-Jul-2000 21:18:09
I have not owned either one yet, but I am just starting the process to
construct a tower and I have been trying to read reviews, comments, etc. of
the different tribander manufacturers and it came down to the A4 and the
C3SS. I have decided to pay the extra money for the C3SS for many reasons:

No Traps to worry about
Everyone that owns one that I have talked to love it and some have chucked
the A3/A4 for a C3SS
Smaller footprint (compared to the A4 anyway)
Less Obtrusive
100 MPH rating (not that much of a factor here in Ohio, but still kinda
nice)
F12 Support seems MUCH better (seems Cushcraft's support is not very good.
F12 seems pretty in tune with their customers.)

I have not bought or used either yet, so you may just take my comments with
a grain of salt. All I am saying is that I was making the same comparison
and have decided to go with the F12. Seems like a better antenna all
around.

My plans call for:

F12 C3SS (Simply for the better F/B on 20)
F12 EF140S (Because you cannot put a 40M extension kit on the C3SS)
Cushcraft AR270

73
Jason Hissong
http://www.qsl.net/kc8hyi