Index Thread Archive Jul-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2000Index by Author for Jul-2000Index by Date for Jul-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3 over Cushcraft A4
Author: John Poland <ae4en@earthlink.net>
Date: 09-Jul-2000 00:43:59
Hello To All, After years of triband trap yagis, the C-3 came along. In my
opinion, there is absolutely no comparison. A quad is out of the question
at this QTH. My C-3 was purchased just after Hurricane Fran totaled my
TA-33. Since then, we've had 5 direct hit hurricanes, one was a category 3
(Floyd) like Fran. None have even so much have even so much as phased my
C-3 which nests at 70 feet. Not only is it lighter but the signal reports
and ability to bust the pile ups speak for themselves. I have considered a
larger Force 12 but I am rather reluctant because the C-3 works soooo well
for me. I would be happy to provide a QSO with anyone who wishes between
myself and an unfortunate local who is Force 12 deprived. Best Regards,
John Poland, AE4EN, Wilmington, NC.

--- John Poland
--- ae4en@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.