Index Thread Archive Jul-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2000Index by Author for Jul-2000Index by Date for Jul-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3 vs C19XR
Author: K7QZ@aol.com <K7QZ@aol.com>
Date: 09-Jul-2000 19:14:21
Hi Len:

Read your post on the Force 12 list serve. Just wanted to add an additional
thought for you. As you know, the C3 has performance on 12 and 17 m (with a
tuner of course) whereas the C19XR is a dedicated tribander. The antennas
are about the same size, so it may come down to whether or not you have
interest in working the warc bands. The C4E might be an option also, this
ant gives you 10, 12, 15, 17, 20 and 40 m on one boom- C4E gain on 10 m is a
little better than the C3 because of the additional 10 m element. I went
with a C4E because my neighborhood would not let me stack a 40 m beam above a
C3 or C19XR. Lastly, I have used an A4 and the F12 (in my opinion) is a more
consistent and better performer.

Hope this helps!

73 de Mike K7QZ

<<Hello I want to replace a Cushcraft A4 with the C3 or the C19XR
was wondering if the C3 has that much more gain over the A4 also would
the C19XR be worth it over the C3?

Thanks for reading and any info.

Len WA7ZXZ>>

10-Jul-2000 Natan Huffman