Index Thread Archive Jul-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2000Index by Author for Jul-2000Index by Date for Jul-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3 vs C19XR
Author: Natan Huffman <nhuffman@twcny.rr.com>
Date: 10-Jul-2000 11:07:12
Dale,

The advantage of the C3 is that you do have some gain on the 12 and 17 meter
bands whereas the C19XR does not do those bands. Only practical difference
in performance is in the area of f/b, but depending on your operating
proclivities the better f/b may or may not be desirable.

Mechanically the C19XR follows our "XR" standard of 100 mph elements and a
120 mph boom. However the C3ED is rated the same way. If needed, you can
add a 40 meter element to the C3E but certainly not the C19XR.

I have both in use here at my QTH, but comparing the two is not possible as
my C3E's are stacked and always used as a stack so I can't use one only to
do A/B tests.

73

Natan W6XR
Force 12 East