Index Thread Archive Jul-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2000Index by Author for Jul-2000Index by Date for Jul-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Linear loaded verticals
Author: David Aslin <david@aslin.demon.co.uk>
Date: 18-Jul-2000 12:06:34
Bonjour Jacques,

I use a pair of phased EF180BVs with 1/8 wavelength spacing. Works
beautifully on CW and phone sections of the band with small extra coil (4
turns of 8mm Cu tube 10cm diameter) at the base to pull it down to CW end
(no change to linear loading). It's brought me several European top 5
placings and a World 6th in CQWW and ARRL - without separate receiving
antennas.

A dual 160/80 with switched linear loading is an interesting idea, but
haven't tried modelling the F12 style linear loading. I'd expect such a
device to be much better than other 160/80
verts like HF2V or the 45 foot Gap due to the benefits of linear loading.

The only other dual band alternative would be a Titanex. You have a
wonderful expression in French which describes the problem I have with this
one: le rapport qualite/prix! Beautiful materials, but I doubt that it
outperforms the F12.

73

Dave
G3WGN