Index Thread Archive Jul-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2000Index by Author for Jul-2000Index by Date for Jul-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Considering 4BA
Author: Ken Hirschberg <calav@flash.net>
Date: 24-Jul-2000 11:49:36
WA2QNW and all - I have had excellent experience with a 4BA at 100' for 3
years. It is mounted above a F-12 Magnum 340 / 620. The 620 is a real
elephant gun!

BTW, this tower has taken at least 3 multiple-stroke direct lightning hits
without damage. The beams are protected by a 17' high (turn radius plus 2')
vertical diverter pole that is connected to the mast at the 99' level, and
has further protection owing to a generally good installation. Here in
Tucson, we enjoy our lightning very much!
73, Ken K6HPX

WA2QNW@aol.com wrote:

> I have a KLM 5el 20m at 85'
> and a HiGain 6el 15m at 75'
>
> The tower took a lightening hit which exploded the HiGain Balun,
> the Create rotor, Ameritron switchbox and vaporized the Diamond 2m vert.
>
> Oh yes, the 80m dipole dissapeared.
>
> My question is that since I have tower work to do, I want to have
> 10m, WARC and still keep a good 15m presence.
>
> The 4BA seems to fit the bill for me but I dont know anyone who uses one.
>
> ANY ADVICE OR COMMENTS ON THE 4BA??
>
> Has anyone designed a longer boom about 30-35' for this ant.??
> Maybe its not worth the extra effort.???
>
> thanks

* 24-Jul-2000 Ken Hirschberg
23-Jul-2000 WA2QNW@aol.com
This Author (Jul-2000)
  Subject   Date
C4SXL with Remote Coax Switch 08-Jul-2000
* Considering 4BA 24-Jul-2000