Index Thread Archive Jul-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2000Index by Author for Jul-2000Index by Date for Jul-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: W5DV asks
Author: Natan Huffman <force12e@lightlink.com>
Date: 24-Jul-2000 17:35:00
Just received this from W5DV,

Any thoughts?

Natan W6XR/2
FORCE 12 East
Ithaca, NY
force12@qth.com

I just took delivery on C-19XR and EF-240X last week. I had planned to
install the C-19XR at the top of the mast about 12-15 above the top of the
90 foot tower, with the EF-240X at the bottom of the mast maybe 2 feet above
the tower top. (A full sized rotary dipole for 30 meters will be attached
half-way between the two, parallel to the booms.)

However, I wonder if it would be better to "invert" this arrangement, such
the tribander is the lower antenna. Weight and wind-loading for the C-19XR
are less than for the EF-240X, although the boom is 5 feet shorter. The
mast is a 26 foot length of galvanized steel tubing, 2 inch OD with a 7/32
inch wall.

Is there a "preferred" way to reduce mast stress, interaction between the
antennas, etc.? Is one of these antennas more susceptible to the need for
repairs, making it a more logical candidate for the lower mounting?

Any experience or helpful thoughts out there?

73 de Chas W5DV

Please respond to Chas allencpa@sat.net

24-Jul-2000 Pete Smith
* 24-Jul-2000 Natan Huffman
This Author (Jul-2000)
  Subject   Date
C3 and C3E stacking information 03-Jul-2000
C3 over Cushcraft A4 10-Jul-2000
C3 vs C19XR 10-Jul-2000
C36XR and EF180S 05-Jul-2000
Computer failure 14-Jul-2000