Index Thread Archive Aug-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2000Index by Author for Aug-2000Index by Date for Aug-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C-19XR Instructions
Author: Charles T. Allen <allencpa@sat.net>
Date: 02-Aug-2000 08:14:55
Instruction 20 (d) for assembling the 20 meter driver says: "NOTE: the
initial proper rivet holes for the tip have one hole outside the .500"
section. Double check the drawing to ensure the proper holes are used.
The outside hole and inside hole are used for making slight VSWR slewing
adjustments if needed to shift the curve up or down."

If one follows this direction, the length for the tip section (.375" OD)
does not agree with the drawing, i. e., 30.5". Assembling the tip with ALL
3 rivet holes aligned results in a 30.5" length.

Since it is MUCH easier to fix things on the ground than standing 90 feet up
the tower, I'd like to know which instruction to follow. Am I
mis-understanding something here? I prefer the antenna to be tuned for CW,
but I gather that tuning on 20 meters is done by adjusting the spacing
between turns on the hairpin coil, rather than element lengths.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

73 de Chas W5DV

02-Aug-2000 WA9ALS - John
* 02-Aug-2000 Charles T. Allen