Index Thread Archive Aug-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2000Index by Author for Aug-2000Index by Date for Aug-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: EF180 series
Author: James W. Jr. Fisher <74237.2073@compuserve.com>
Date: 10-Aug-2000 09:31:34
I have a 4sq of EF180BV/Ds (verticals) and have tuned them many times
without much difficulty--particularly before I got my 2-position relays
which I really enjoy (choose among 4 center points ranging from bottom of
CW to around 3800 depending on where I set the system). I have used an
Autek RF-1 and its resonances have correlated with other findings such as
dumped power (there's a trick to tuning 4sqs but I don't think that was
asked for) and various SWR meters. I started with the factory settings and
they were somewhere in band.

The RF-1 has been reported to experience problems and inaccurate readings
with local BC signals. Our local BC station is low power and I haven't had
that problem.

When I have had problems, they have been traced to failures somewhere else
in the system--generally related to the gales and hurricanes that visit my
cliff by the salt water. I would check for continuity with an ohmmeter and
a long wire with clips--trace where the signal is supposed to go, end to
end.

73,

Jim, VE1JF

* 10-Aug-2000 James W. Jr. Fisher