Index Thread Archive Aug-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2000Index by Author for Aug-2000Index by Date for Aug-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31XR on 20m
Author: c penna <clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 11-Aug-2000 10:09:48
Hi This is the result of my High SWR on 20m CW, I managed to lengthen the
20m DE by a maximum of 1.75" per side at which point I was beginning to run
out of tubing. The new DE length lowered the minimum SWR frequency from 14.3
to 14.22mhz at a SWR of 1.1:1. On 14.025 the SWR is now 1.7:1 which is just
about tolerable dropping fairly sharply to 1.3:1 @ 14.125mhz.
The DE outer tubing is not really long enough to get the SWR really low for
CW only operation. The manual speaks of making the DE 7.5" longer for single
feedline operation my mine was supplied only capable of the single feedline
length ie 28.5 exposed. I'm sure the DE could really do with being 3" longer
per side for low CW SWR. I also found that the hairpin made virtually no
difference what ever it was set to.
For information my antenna is now at 76ft with no other antennas on the
tower
and is fed via 200ft of Coax and a B1 balun. 73 Clive GM3POI

12-Aug-2000 c penna
11-Aug-2000 L. L. Lamb
11-Aug-2000 KJ6Y@aol.com
* 11-Aug-2000 c penna