Index Thread Archive Aug-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2000Index by Author for Aug-2000Index by Date for Aug-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31XR on 20m
Author: L. L. Lamb <W4NL-KA4S@inscorp.com>
Date: 11-Aug-2000 11:55:13
Thanks Clive,

Good information. I will obtain lengths of alum tips for the C31 and add
3.75" per side. Currently 20 mtrs is resonance at 14.270 fed with pigtails
and 1/2" hardline of about 350' at 100' above ground. I would like it to
come in at 14.100 and that should make it 1.22:1 at 14.000 and 1.375 at
14.300 according to the curve now. Again thanks and will get back when
completed.

73, lynn W4NL

At 03:07 PM 08/11/2000 -0000, c penna wrote:
>Hi This is the result of my High SWR on 20m CW, I managed to lengthen the
>20m DE by a maximum of 1.75" per side at which point I was beginning to run
>out of tubing. The new DE length lowered the minimum SWR frequency from 14.3
>to 14.22mhz at a SWR of 1.1:1. On 14.025 the SWR is now 1.7:1 which is just
>about tolerable dropping fairly sharply to 1.3:1 @ 14.125mhz.
>The DE outer tubing is not really long enough to get the SWR really low for
>CW only operation. The manual speaks of making the DE 7.5" longer for single
>feedline operation my mine was supplied only capable of the single feedline
>length ie 28.5 exposed. I'm sure the DE could really do with being 3" longer
>per side for low CW SWR. I also found that the hairpin made virtually no
>difference what ever it was set to.
>For information my antenna is now at 76ft with no other antennas on the
>tower
>and is fed via 200ft of Coax and a B1 balun. 73 Clive GM3POI

12-Aug-2000 c penna
* 11-Aug-2000 L. L. Lamb
11-Aug-2000 KJ6Y@aol.com
11-Aug-2000 c penna