Index Thread Archive Aug-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2000Index by Author for Aug-2000Index by Date for Aug-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Isolated elements
Author: wa4dou@juno.com <wa4dou@juno.com>
Date: 28-Aug-2000 20:51:02
Danny,
It is my understanding that they do it to avoid resonances that lead to
pattern skewing, or degradation. Among multiband, multi-element antennas
especially, we know that interleaving elements for different bands tends
to degrade performance on all bands and i'm given to understand that it
is a very careful dance to get a satisfactory compromise between element
placement ,spacing and performance on several bands. I rather imagine
that undesired resonances(between an element, part or all of the boom,
and another element) can add new orders of additional complexity to the
task. 73 Roy WA4DOU

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:42:45 +0200 "Danny" <ON7NQ@pandora.be> writes:
> Hello
>
> Is there any specific reason why Force 12 isolates the elements
> from the boom ?
>

> 73 Danny - ON7NQ -
>
> ON7NQ@pandora.be
> http://users.pandora.be/ON7NQ (best viewed with java enabled )