Index Thread Archive Aug-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2000Index by Author for Aug-2000Index by Date for Aug-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Isolated elements
Author: Wil DJ7AA <dj7aa-wil@t-online.de>
Date: 29-Aug-2000 05:24:42

I have lots of trouble with these insolated elements. I using Magnum
620-340 and every time we get havy rain showers ore snow showers,
the antenna have very havy static noise, wich is not on a beam with
center grounded elements. Think this phaenomen is like a Corona Effect.
The antenna become useless on this time for receiving.
I have mostly a seperat 4 ele monobander as second antenna (ZX-Yagi)
and this antenna does not have this effects.

Of course, a closed quadloop also dont have this effects.

73 Wil

04-Sep-2000 Will
04-Sep-2000 N2TK
31-Aug-2000 Al Williams