Index Thread Archive Aug-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2000Index by Author for Aug-2000Index by Date for Aug-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Isolated elements
Author: Guy K2AV Olinger <k2av@contesting.com>
Date: 29-Aug-2000 08:36:28
Who said that element-center-grounded yagis are not effected by
snow/rain static? Not true.

Can think of many times when W4BVV's big 40, 20 and 15 yagis (all center
grounded) got rain and snow static. One time had snow static on 40
meters that was 20 over S9. Couldn't hear anything except the locals for
over an hour.

One thing that has been reported, for some with more than one antenna on
a tower, the top antenna gets noised up more than the lower one(s), as
if the upper one is somehow "shielding" the lower, mechanism unknown.

73, Guy
k2av@contesting.com
Apex, NC, USA