Index Thread Archive Aug-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2000Index by Author for Aug-2000Index by Date for Aug-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C-31XR Model
Author: Frank C. Travanty <w9jcc@juno.com>
Date: 31-Aug-2000 13:16:46
I'm getting pretty close to completing a model of the C-31XR on EZNEC,
but I am missing a few details of the construction. This is because the
antenna is 60 feet in the air and the manual doesn't have the detail that
I need. So, to this point I have been using estimates. If anyone has the
antenna on the ground and can make some measurements, I would appreciate
it. I need the following:

1. Center to center distance between the hairpin mounting bolts.
2. Center to center distance between the 10M driver/Balun mounting
bolts.
3. Wire guage of the hairpin and parallel driver wires.

Also, if anyone has verified the dimensions on the antenna layout of the
manual. My layout sheet has a 1998 date and a document # of
"dwc31xr.005". I have verified the element lengths to 1/4 inch on most
of the elements and 1/2" inch on the 10M driver, while assembling the
antenna. I have not verified the element to element spacing as the
mounting brackets were pre-assembled.??
I also noticed that the 10M directors do not taper in length as in a
typical yagi. Director #12 is actually longer than the one behind it! If
anyone knows why, would appreciate your feedback.

73,
Frank W9JCC

* 31-Aug-2000 Frank C. Travanty
This Author (Aug-2000)