Index Thread Archive Sep-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2000Index by Author for Sep-2000Index by Date for Sep-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force12 Braid grounding
Author: K7LXC@aol.com <K7LXC@aol.com>
Date: 01-Sep-2000 07:16:46
In a message dated 08/31/2000 9:59:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, list@qth.com
writes:

> From: "Barry Kirkwood" <bjk@ihug.co.nz>
> To: <Force12Talk@qth.com>
> Subject: Fw: [Force 12 Talk] Isolated elements
> Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 11:11:00 +1200
>
> Hello Force 12ers,
> Am interested in this. Have had one reply saying that bonding braid of coax
> to boom upstream from balun works OK. Any other opinions/experiences?

I'll always ask "Is it what the manufacturer recommends?". I don't ever
remember seeing anything about grounding the feedline shield in any of the 2
dozen or so F12 antennas that I've installed. If they don't tell you to do it
- DON'T do it. If they tell you to do it - DO it.

> Would expect this to reduce rain/snow static.

Snow? New Zealand?

Cheers, Steve K7LXC
Tower Tech

03-Sep-2000 Ken Hirschberg
02-Sep-2000 Pete Smith
02-Sep-2000 Guy K2AV Olinger
02-Sep-2000 David LaBat
01-Sep-2000 Guy K2AV Olinger
01-Sep-2000 Frank C. Travanty
* 01-Sep-2000 K7LXC@aol.com
This Author (Sep-2000)
  Subject   Date
* Force12 Braid grounding 01-Sep-2000
Force12Talk Digest for 13 Sep 2000 in hour 0:00 13-Sep-2000
Force12Talk Digest for 8 Sep 2000 in hour 0:00 08-Sep-2000
Force12Talk Digest for 8 Sep 2000 in hour 0:00 08-Sep-2000
Securing relay box 12-Sep-2000