Index Thread Archive Sep-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2000Index by Author for Sep-2000Index by Date for Sep-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force12Talk Digest for 8 Sep 2000 in hour 0:00
Author: K7LXC@aol.com <K7LXC@aol.com>
Date: 08-Sep-2000 08:55:17
In a message dated 09/07/2000 9:59:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time, list@qth.com
writes:

> From: "ray reed" <ray1965@hotmail.com>
> To: Force12Talk@qth.com
> Subject: [Force 12 Talk] Force 12 MAGNUM 2/2
> Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 22:16:57 CDT
>
> I would like to hear from anyone who has the Magnum 2/2 or Force 12 80
meter
> beam. I would be interested in pro and con in performance and mechanical
> construction.

As a general rule, the bigger the antenna the more fragile it is and the
more maintenance it takes. Mechanically the F12 linear loaded beams are
pretty good. Electrically I've heard some grumblings but don't know of any
first-hand real electrical problems that were traced to antenna electrical
parts/design.

As far as performance, they're okay. I have never had any of my customers
(I've probably installed 12-15 F12 linear loaded antennas) told me they were
overwhelmed with how well they played. Since you only have two choices - F12
and M2 and they're both linear loaded - you get what you get. But it IS a lot
cheaper and easier than a 4-square array!

Cheers, Steve K7LXC
Tower Tech

08-Sep-2000 Wil DJ7AA
* 08-Sep-2000 K7LXC@aol.com
08-Sep-2000 K7LXC@aol.com
This Author (Sep-2000)
  Subject   Date
Force12 Braid grounding 01-Sep-2000
Force12Talk Digest for 13 Sep 2000 in hour 0:00 13-Sep-2000
* Force12Talk Digest for 8 Sep 2000 in hour 0:00 08-Sep-2000
Force12Talk Digest for 8 Sep 2000 in hour 0:00 08-Sep-2000
Securing relay box 12-Sep-2000