Index Thread Archive Sep-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2000Index by Author for Sep-2000Index by Date for Sep-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Stacking Spacing
Author: wn9o@usa.net <wn9o@usa.net>
Date: 10-Sep-2000 09:53:29
I have done lots of modeling of C-31XR and C-3(E) antennas and all of my
results were larger than 15'. Although I was looking at all bands and the 15'
may be ok for 10 meters (??).

I have some gain and performance numbers on my website. Check it out and if
you still have problems, I can probably help you out. Also more of an
important item you will need to address is the phasing of the antennas. If
you plan to use a WX0B stackmatch, you cannot use equal lengths of coax to all
antennas... This is also addressed on my website.

http://www.qsl.net/wn9o

73's,

Kevin WN9O

"Nick Palomba" <npalomba@home.com> wrote:

I am looking for comments on spacing for on a stacked set of antennas;

My goal is to have coverage in three direction; I have a 31XR at 70 feet and
I was thinking of putting two C3's at 15 feet increments below that;

1 pointed at EU
1 pointed at the Caribbean

Is that too close? Is this an effective configuration? Anyone doing
something like this now?

Thanks, Nick N1IC

* 10-Sep-2000 wn9o@usa.net
10-Sep-2000 Nick Palomba