Index Thread Archive Sep-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2000Index by Author for Sep-2000Index by Date for Sep-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Stacking Spacing
Author: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: 10-Sep-2000 15:45:54
At 04:29 PM 9/10/00 -0400, Nick wrote:
>Both, was going to put them on a stack master so I could choose which
>configuration. I want to be able to use them in a run configuration for
>contesting and also have different take off angles for DXing.

Then I agree with WN9O. Essentially, you have one C-3 too many. Best
compromise spacing for 20-10 meters with a C-3E (by all means get the
reflector) below a C-31XR is 28-32 feet. I would run 70/38 or so with the
C-31XR on top, and be sure to do as Kevin suggests and adjust the length of
the lines to the stackmatch to compensate for the feedpoint offset. He has
already done the math.

Something I'be been wondering about, though, is what would happen if you
took the 20 and 15-meter elements off a C-3E and used it as a 3-element
10-meter beam , situated between the two tribanders. The 15-foot spacing
should be better for 10, where 28-30 is a bit too large for good pattern.
You'd have to work with the phasing issue again, though, and model it first.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at
http://www.qsl.net/n4zr

* 10-Sep-2000 Pete Smith
10-Sep-2000 Nick Palomba
10-Sep-2000 Al Williams
10-Sep-2000 Nick Palomba
This Author (Sep-2000)
  Subject   Date
Force 12 web sites 14-Sep-2000
Force12 Braid grounding 02-Sep-2000
protecting surfaces; user's report on 26-Sep-2000
Securing relay box 12-Sep-2000
* Stacking Spacing 10-Sep-2000
Weatherproofing 40 mtr switchbox 25-Sep-2000