Index Thread Archive Sep-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2000Index by Author for Sep-2000Index by Date for Sep-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Mounting switch boxes to the boom
Author: dick@pobox.com <dick@pobox.com>
Date: 11-Sep-2000 12:19:07
11 SEP, 2000 - 1210 CDT

I am in the process of installed a Force 12 Magnum 2/2 antenna. The
80 meter portion of this antenna uses two switch boxes (really relay
boxes) to change the resonance points on the 80 mtr yagi portion.

Rather than use the black nylon ties which will get brittle in the
sun light and fail, or electrical tape which also will eventually
fail, I am using stainless steel aircraft safety wire. It's plenty
strong, will not get brittle when twisted together, and will last at
least as long as the antenna.

I purchased a small spool of this wire at one of the avionics shops
at the local airport. I'm sure it can also be found through other
hardware suppliers at a savings of a couple of dollars. But make
sure you are getting safety wire. Some of the other stainless steel
wires are stiff and hard to work.

- Dick Isely, W9GIG

11-Sep-2000 JOSEPH SZCZUBELEK
* 11-Sep-2000 dick@pobox.com
11-Sep-2000 JOSEPH SZCZUBELEK
This Author (Sep-2000)
  Subject   Date
* Mounting switch boxes to the boom 11-Sep-2000